Sascha is interested in coalition building, capturing people’s imaginations, shifting public perceptions of mental illness/wellness and the power of collective transformation. Popular education is one of the great loves of his life and he has many years of experience in facilitating interactive paradigm-shifting discussions. He’s also a really good story teller.
Sascha is available for speaking engagements (keynotes, panels, book readings, workshop facilitation, etc) on the topics of:
- alternative mental health vs. prevailing paradigms of mental health education
- youth and the emotional crisis of diagnosis
- self-education, community support around madness and mental health
- mental health on college campuses
- the past/present/future of radical mental health movements
- Unraveling the Biopsychiatric Knot
- The Icarus Project: A Counter Narrative for Psychic Diversity
- intersections of radical mental health, social justice politics and spiritual practice
He has spoken, guest lectured and facilitated workshops at colleges and universities including: Brown University, UC Berkeley, Kent State, U of Washington, NYU, Virginia Tech, Reed College, Bellevue Hospital, Paine Whitney Hospital, Hunter High School in NYC, as well as in community centers in Stockholm, Sweden; Berlin, Germany; Barcelona, Spain; and Istanbul, Turkey. He is based in New York City.